Thursday, August 23, 2012

Painted Letter N's

N.   What a nice letter.   I have four N's today.   Okay.  I actually have three N's, but I don't like one of them so I used the SECOND word in the cow one to count as an 'N' I actually like.  

Confused?  

Yeah.  Me, too.

N

 
 This is the one I really don't like.   At all.   Don't say anything nice about it because I know that would be a lie.
 

 15 x 16.  I like this one.  It's all high gloss and rich looking in 'real life'.
 

 9 x 16   One of the big phrases I remember from my childhood. 
 
 
16 x 15.   Look!  It's a cow!   See the word 'now'?   That starts with an N.  I painted all the lines on that cow with a liner brush.  Mr. Jenny asked why I didn't just use a brown sharpie.   Ummm... d'oh.   Then it would be hand-sharpied and that doesn't sound nearly as cool as hand-painted, does it?  I love this sign including the crooked letters.  I think I was just exhausted from painting the cow!

No stencils.   No stickers.  Handpainted with my own layout.

You can see other signs in this series by clicking on 'Painted
Alphabet' in my sidebar.

 To visit other links to the letter "N", just click here.

Click here  for my Etsy store.

post signature

27 comments:

Unknown said...

I tried to pick a favorite, but I love them all.

Viki said...

Wowie, that is an excellent cow done free hand. You certainly are quite the artist.

Naperville Now said...

not your average sign painter =) I still think they are all great.

Catherine said...

These are great!! I love the cow!

21 Wits said...

Oh my goodness! Great minds think alike! Oh yeah, I had a great N post planned, ran out of time, and thought hey I'll post some cute quotes, (so glad I ran out of time for that too!) oh my silly how we can have the same thoughts so many miles away! Hopefully I can catch up (OH dear goodness the State Fair) opened up today....I have to catch up....I think I can I think I can I think I can! :)

SarahBeth said...

Not a lie .... I like your nest egg! So few have them anymore that it's nice seeing it here ; )

Ames said...

All are awesome! I can't wait to see mine. Are you going to send me a link?? ~Ames

Anonymous said...

I love that cow sign!

Lmkazmierczak said...

I thought you'd highlight No stencils! No stickers!
Now that is something to NOTABLY boast about♫♪

Tatiana said...

omg i love your cow! he/she is sooo cute. (i love your nest too, but i'll say it quietly so that you know i'm not lying!)

Tina said...

YOU'RE PAINTING NOW? Good grief, Jenny. How many hours are the days on your planet? I want the never quit. Is it for sale?
Tina @ Life is Good

Esther Joy said...

Awesome! You are an artist! I like all of them, but guess I love the messages of the middle two the best!

Susan Anderson said...

These signs of yours are just plain cool.

=)

w said...

i like the cow "n", too!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Wow Jenny I love them ALL!!!

Annesphamily said...

You paint perfectly! I love the signs no matter what they say! Good to see you here so I can smile! I loved my sweet card with tea bag too! : )

Judie said...

I am soooo happy with my signs! And I love your "N" signs!! Here is something for you to turn into a sign. "Assess Consequences" Did I spell those words right? Anyway, this is a very useful sign that should be in everyone's home. It is something I want my children to always remember BEFORE they do something.

xoxo!!!

storybeader said...

good for you to start an etsy shop!! And I like the nest itself, maybe not the letters. Is that ok to say? {:-D

Pondside said...

Congrats on the etsy shop! You will be busy painting more and more signs!

Splendid Little Stars said...

hand-sharpied. LOL!
amazing again!
I like them all! yep, I do!

Gattina said...

Besides the fact that they are all very nice I don't agree with "never quit" ! If you have an always boozed up husband or partner who beats you every day, I would certainly quit, lol ! ! I would also quit a restaurant if I had to wait 2 h to be served !

Busy Bee Suz said...

Holy Cow these are all great. Even the one you don't like....don't hate me!!! :)

anitamombanita said...

moooo....they just keep getting better each week!

Claudya Martinez said...

I love them all. You do great work.

VBR said...

N-O
spells
NO

is the one that I covet!

My name is Riet said...

I like no spells no, we say NÉE. In Dutch .

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

They are all nice, and unique! And, and, I'm not lying!