Saturday, August 13, 2011

Laugh out Loud - a Winner and an SC link

Happy Saturday afternoon!

Mr. Random Org was available in a little early this weekend so I asked him to pick a winner from last weeks SC "You are My Sunshine" entries.

Here's what he told me:

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
26
Timestamp: 2011-08-13 23:57:14 UTC


Which corresponds with link 26. Congratulations to Dazee Dreamer! I'm sending you an e-mail, too!

Thanks for participating everyone!

And now...

Here is my slightly disturbing link to Saturday Centus, Week 67. The prompt is in bold. For other, probably cheerier links, just click here.



Don’t let him see he frightens you.
(Laugh out loud)
Don’t cringe, or you’ll be black and blue.
(Laugh out loud)
Make sure to kiss him every night.
Make sure and tell him he is right.
When he touches you, don’t shudder.
(Laugh out loud)
Promise him there is no better.
(Laugh out loud)
And when you run,
run fast and hard
and
Laugh out loud…

PS. I think I'm worrying some of you. This is definitely not about Mr. Jenny. I actually started writing a little story about a girl who botched her job holding up the wrong audience cue cards during a political debate BUT I couldn't get it below 88 words! AND it probably would have disturbed you even more then this dark little SC.

post signature

26 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

That is disturbing!

Judie said...

Deeply disturbing on so many levels, but something that needs to be said over and over again--get away and don't look back!!!!

Nonna said...

Excellent,Devastating and so sad Jenny because this happens so often...hope she gets as far away as possible for good !

A little walk on the dark, scary side...guess your are still sulky, fluffy and moody...

BTW,
OH, PLEASE I beg you, please more words next week !!!

Nonna said...

Congrats to dear Dazee Dreamer...enjoy that sweet sign !

Hugs,
Nonna

noexcuses said...

A little creepy, but oh, so much fun!

Daydreamer said...

Yes it is disturbing! Gripping.

Many congrats to Daze Dreamer too :)

Ames said...

I'd run like hell cause I'm not kiss no boogie man. No sireebob!~Ames

Ames said...

Congrats to Dazee Dreamer. Take the gift and run...I think Jenny is possessed.~Ames

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

this post reminds me of that movie Sleeping with the enemy Quite disturbing but well wriiten

Sharon said...

Yeah, a little disturbing but still good! Congratulations, Dazey Dreamer!

21 Wits said...

Oh yeah very chilling and so much like run quickly and carry a gigantic stick with you!

Susan Anderson said...

Creepy one, Jenny.

Well done, but creepy.

=)

Jo said...

yeah this is a wee bit creepy Jenny ... i think i will just back up and run!!!!

Ms. A said...

That was a little different for you.

Unknown said...

Jenny! Yes! I like the fact that you ventured into a different genre so effortlessly. Disturbing, yeah...a little. But a very awesome take on your own prompt! Love it!

EG CameraGirl said...

Very creepy, Jenny! EW! The though that went through my mind when I read that! (However, I have to admit it was well written and to the point.)

Bossy Betty said...

OOOOOOOOO.......Creeping me out.

Congrats to your winner!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I almost feel like I must be rubbing off on you...come on, Jenny, join me on the dark side!

Well done!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Jenny, I thought I had stumbled onto the wrong blog there for a minute. LOL!

I'm so far behind I will never get caught up, but I did want to drop by and give you cyber mug. Have missed you, my sweet (and very disturbed) friend. ;-)

XO,

Sheila

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Wait a minute... there are typos. That should be a cyber HUG, but the other is definitely more appropriate for the topic. LOL!

Mary said...

Disturbing and so sad.

Mary

Dazee Dreamer said...

I thought it was brilliant. Sometimes you have to keep your readers offguard. And I actually was feeling for that little girl.

I'm super excited that Mr. Random.Org was having an off week. What? We all know that he usually can't stand me.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Jenny, I think it takes more talent to write a fictional piece than one that is true. Although this is a disturbing subject, it needs to be written, and you've done a good job with it. Thank you for hosting Sat. Centus. I look forward to it every week. laurie

gautami tripathy said...

Wonderful Centus!

hinder the tremors

cj Schlottman said...

Well now, Jenny, this is quite a departure for you, but I like it a lot. It made my skin crawl, but I still liked it!

Namaste..........cj

Tgoette said...

Oooh! A dark and uneasy read, but well written! Makes me wonder if Stephen King also has bouts of random crabbiness. Great job, Jenny!