Sunday, August 21, 2011

A winner AND an SC link for 'If I Die Young'

Happy Sunday afternoon!

Mr. Random Org told me the winner from last weeks LOL Saturday Centus was:
Here's what he told me:

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
18


Which corresponds with Becky's LOL post. Congratulations Becky! I loved hearing Ryker's laugh! Becky, please e-mail your address to me at: jennymatlock at cox dot net and I'll get your prized ordered up and send right off to you!

Thanks for participating everyone!

And now...

Here is my link to Saturday Centus, Week 68. The prompt is in bold. For other links to this difficult prompt, just click here.

TEENAGERS

If I die young, you’re gonna regret being so mean!”

Patiently I tried, yet again, to explain. “It’s my job to protect you, to give you boundaries, to set limits. It’s …”

“Seriously, Mom, you totally don’t get it! It’s just a party! All the other kids are going! Didn’t they have parties 100 years ago? If I die young, you’re gonna feel bad you made my life so freakin’ miserable!”

“Listen, I understand you want to go…but I need the address and the phone number so I can call her parents.”

“Mom, seriously, AS IF! You are totally freakin’ out of control! If I die young, you’re gonna be standing at my grave saying ‘oh-boo-hoo-hoo, I should have been nicer to my daughter when she was still alive’.

I turned away and muttered under my breath, “If you keep this crap up it won’t be “IF!” because I’m going to kill you first!

“Hey! I heard that Mom! I’m calling CPS!”



post signature




17 comments:

Jo said...

well i totally remember those days ... mind you they were only a few years ago ... I am so glad those days are done with!

Rosalind Adam said...

Hilarious. I can really hear that teenage grouchy voice... in fact I think she must have been around listening in when mine were that age!

Ms. A said...

Oh, my gosh... you nailed my conversations with my kids, perfectly! That had to come from experience.

Dazee Dreamer said...

Thank god those years are over for me. Because they are so true.

And congrats to Becky. Woo Hoo

Susan Anderson said...

Had to laugh at this one. It's scary to observe that it this little slice of life is completely believable. My sister's daughter used to threaten her with CPS all the time. Seriously.

Well done, Jenny!

=)

cj Schlottman said...

Jenny,

This is all too familiar. When my son was in high school, we had this battle nearly every weekend. You wrote it down so well!

Namaste..........cj

Nonna said...

Brilliant Jenny...Love this !!!

Worst thing my kids could say to me "I hate you" next worse, "If I die young..." so bratty and mean !

I second Dazee's thank God the teen years are over for me also. I had 4 teenagers in the house at once ...oh, the constant drama nearly drove me bonkers and made my 5th child into a teen before he even thought of being one... UGH !

Nonna said...

BTW, Congrats to Becky ! Enjoy that sweet little heart !

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

Right now I have 2 teenage boys at home so I can relate to this post. Both William and Robbie are good kids and we don't have too many battles. Great post

p.s. I sent you my address I can't wait to get that lovely heart Thank you so much!

Ames said...

Congrats to Becky!

My daughter and I are exactly 18 years apart in age. She was so full of this kind of attitude that she said I was "Old and decrepeid" at the age of 36.

Well guess what! She is 36 this year and I have been telling my grands this story and now they call her "old and decrepid!" Ha ha hee hee pay back is so much fun! ~Ames

Slamdunk said...

Congrats to Becky--winning is always a good thing.

jfb57 said...

What a fun piece and haven't we all been there!

Madge said...

GAAAA, that post got my dander up. So reminiscent of the kids at that age. I swear I was never like that ;)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This was great, Jenny. I loved it and could hear it playing out. Very realistic.
xoRobyn

Unknown said...

LOL.... sounds like a conversation between my sister & dad although there is a little more profanity on my side of the tale... LOL

Rek Sesh said...

This was a great dialogue...very realistic in sound effects...we too were like that once. :)

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

Hi Jenny just dropping back to tell you I got the heart today It is very nice I love it It is hanging in my kitchen Thank you so much!