Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday Centus - If I die young...

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week sixty-eight of Saturday Centus.

I post these on Friday night (do you really think I get up at 3 am to make this live?) so the drawing from last week won't happen until Saturday evening or sometime Sunday. I'll notify you by e-mail AND put up a post.

It's a little bit cooler this week (barely hitting 105) so I thought I would quit being quite so penurious with words.

WORD COUNT - Up to 150 words AND the 4 words of the prompt (154 total maximum words)
STYLE OF WRITING - Any
NO PICTURES ALLOWED
THE PROMPT THIS WEEK IS: "If I die young..."


The regular restrictions apply: PG, no splitting of the prompt, play nicely and visit the other entries, any style or genre of writing you prefer.

Please display my link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

E-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Feel free to link up anytime between now and next Saturday!

post signature

12 comments:

Susannah said...

I haven't played along with the centus for quite a while. I am glad to be back on board this week.
- Susannah x

Nonna said...

Hooray Jenny !!!

The word count is awesome and I'm a writing machine today...thank you so much !

Hugs,
Nonna

21 Wits said...

I can't believe it only 105? Glad the cool breeze must be knocking on your door?!!! Hope your cold is better too, and how exciting we have 154 total words! Funny when I first read the prompt it was like, hmmm what can I write, and suddenly like a ton of bricks flew through my door...just the very thought of it my post just wrote itself...amazing stuff, these prompts you give us! Have a really great weekend!

Bethe77 said...

I have never tried this before ran across you on anotehr blog. Trying to find out how to follow you. Love your blog!
Blessings

Dazee Dreamer said...

wow, all I can say is wow. hard prompt.

moondustwriter said...

Liked the prompt and I had WiFi today
My story actually is part fiction part non

bj said...

o, Jenny girl...I didn't get to play this week..so much going on and my mind is so OLDEN, it has a hard time staying UP.

Will you kindly stop by if you have time and put your name in the hat for my giveaway? I think you will like it. :))
'xoxo bj

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

Disclaimer: This will probably come off as rude but it is meant to be funny and I hope you take it that way.

Link 14 Living with memory loss apparently forgot to write the centus. I can not find it on her blog :-)

Unknown said...

Dear Jenny,
This was not an easy assignment. I started yesterday, but had to put it aside and am posting this Sunday at 11:30 am, Swedish time.
I'm glad I got it done, even if I had to write this in a special way to avoid actually writing a poem.
I am constantly being interrupted and cannot write anything that demands my full attention. No rhyming.
Best wishes & hugs,
Anna
Link 24.

Sharon said...

Thanks for hosting this fun linky! I'm enjoying the word count! Hope your week is going better! Kinda in a slump today...just got back from VA and dropping my daughter off at college. Not any easier this year than last!
Reading your blog always puts a smile on my face because it's like you're talking from inside my head!

Unknown said...

Oh so late but posted:-)

Anya Padyam said...

I am late :) I was going to check to see if poems were ok; or if had to be prose

http://monthofapril2008.blogspot.com/2011/08/propose-and-dispose.html