Friday, December 18, 2009

Acccckkkk....my heart is stupid....

OK, you might want to know why.

And I'm willing to tell you.

I know you know this because I am willing to blather on about almost nothing for, oh say, three or four hundred words.

And guess what?

Today is no exception.

Only I'm gonna limit my words today because I have a date.

Yes, I do.

It's with my husband and our son and his girlfriend and we are going to see Guy Fieri.

And I need three or four hours to trowel some make-up on so I look like a hot middle-aged frumpy woman in case Guy wants to invite me on stage or something.

But...

Just so you don't think I make stuff up... I give you these three photos as proof positive that Morgan might be right in taking out Nadias eye and ear.

This child sticks to Mo like a magnet.

I mean it.

Morgan cannot go anywhere without being closely followed and bullied by Nadia.

But, hey, a picture is worth a thousand words (which is a good thing...did I tell you about need a few hours to get ready to see Guy's roadshow at 7:30? Oh yea, I might have mentioned it a time or two earlier...sigh)

OK, hmmm.... yea, picture, thousands words, blah, blah, blah....

I mean...seriously. Anyone would want to hang out right next to this sweet little girl... And the stupid heart part?

Nadia was the only child with no-one there. Not a Mom. Not a Dad. Not a Grandma. Nobody.

So I helped her spread her chocolate frosting on her sugar cookie.

But don't tell Morgan, OK?

Cuz I think I need both eyes and both ears to go to Guy's Road Show tonight!

Sigh...

14 comments:

laterg8r said...

maybe that's why nadia is so mean.

just don't go out with fluffy hair!!!!!

Melissa Miller said...

Have a wonderful Jenny!

Morgan is a little living doll! :)

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Morgan's a sweetie; Nadia needs love and attention. If she doesn't get it somewhere, she'll be hell on wheels in a few years.

I hate it when you can see the kids we're going to lose connection with and there's nothing you can do...without losing an eye or an ear anyway.

Wanda..... said...

How sad, maybe Nadia needs a little extra attention and doesn't know how to properly get it. Nice of you to give it...I won't tell Morgan! :)

Jana said...

Aw Jenny, you probably showed her alot more kindness than she is used, how sad...your little grandgirly is so beautiful...have fun tonight...if you trowel it on how exactly do you get that stuff back off of you? ps your beautiful just the way you are.

Holly said...

Oh I just love hot dates. I asked my hubby to go parking last Saturday night and we drove out of town so we could get a good view of the stars for the big meteor shower in the North to Northwest. We parked and stared heavenward... to the north... to the northeast... to the west... and finally found a small opening in the clouds to the south with a few twinkling stars. Oh well, such is life.
Let us know what attractions the poofy hair brings. And I'm with you on sneaking to be nice with Nadia. Sounds like she has her reasons for being grumpy but your sweet grand daughter won't be sweet for long if she thinks your taking sides.

Jen said...

Morgan is adorable, what a great example you were and how kind that you helped Nadia. God's Blessings to you! I think we need to pray for that little girl.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Jenny, have a blast going to that show!

And how fortunate that little girl had you to help her. It's heartbreaking that none of her family was there. She is adorable. I hope it didn't hurt her feelings, but somehow, with you there for her, I'm sure that helped to heal any heart pains she might have felt.

Good job, you angel, you!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Leslie said...

Hi Jenny!
I'm new to your blog...just wanted to tell you Morgan is a doll, and how sweet of you to give her "arch enemy" some attention! (My daughter had the same situation at preschool - I don't know what happened, but all of sudden she likes the girl now!!)
I enjoy your blog...hope you had fun with GUY!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Hey girl-I can't remember if I left a note-got called by one of the kids and so if you are getting 2 messages from me-oh well you can feel doubly blessed-hee hee

Cheri

Anonymous said...

Too funny! My bet is that Nadia will love Morgan from now on because she has such a fabulous grannie!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! My bet is that Nadia will love Morgan from now on because she has such a fabulous grannie!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Poor Nadia!
Morgan is a cutie. She has such smiley eyes!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Morgan is so cute Jenny, and Nadia obviously does need more attention so I'm glad you gave her some.

Hope your date was fun! :-)