Friday, December 11, 2009

Listen...can you keep a secret?

I mean seriously. Don't tell Santa I said this.

But I am really annoyed with his elves.

Not a fan.

Sure they look all smiling and happy and helpful.....but frankly I'm getting sick of being fooled by those sweet looking little faces.

I tested them, yet again, and I swear this is the last time.

I started getting out my Christmas decorating stuff (pictures are blurred to let me maintain a teeny, tiny bit of my pride...sigh) and I deliberately left a big mess just so the elves would feel needed.
Ya know? I was trying to do my part to help build their self-esteem because I read somewhere that elves have notoriously low self-esteem...being so short and all...

Just trying to do my part as a compassionate, caring, non-elf-discriminatory person and all.

And what do they do? They obviously just came over and hung out in the living room, probably found the wine fridge, maybe found the hidden bag of hershey kisses...

They just did absolutely, totally, zero in the help department.

And I'm disgusted.

But since I am all fair-minded and everything I'm willing to leave the mess up just one more day to give them a chance to redeem themselves.

Sigh...

5 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

Always the forgiving lady!

I am disgruntled with the elves too... where is Mary Poppins when you need her? Couldn't the elves call her and tell her I need her???

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi Jenny...

Nice to "meet" you! Whew...those darn little elves....I'm thinking you should probably give up on them and give a holler to your Fairy Godmother! :-)

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Kimi said...

Those elfs!!! Urgh. I tell you what... I left my bathroom uncleaned for nearly a week. Nearly a week! And those little buggers were nowhere to be found.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I've found that if you give $20 an hour to elves that dwell elsewhere and are just 'in the neighborhood', they're magically more helpful.

What, you were REALLY looking for cheaper magic? Okay...try this: sprain your ankle and cry. Shhh! Not a real sprain...but you do have to go for the Academy Award Nomination in order for it to yield the desired results.

Tina❀ said...

Oh my, what shall Santa think?
If you find some elves that actually wanna work, do me a favor and send them my way.

BTW, have I told you that you make me smile? I know I have!!