Friday, December 25, 2009

I'm thinking of filing for divorce....

...sure, I've been all deep and thoughtful in the days leading up to Christmas trying to impress you all with my tear-provoking prose.

But this morning I just gotta be real for a few minutes.

Hope you don't mind if I vent here.

And really, what are bloddies (blog buddies) for?

So here's the conversation.

It's not gonna be pretty, though, and I'm sorry to subject you to this on Christmas morning (oh yea, Merry Christmas, BTW, but sorry this is all about me, me, me at the moment)

Ready?

Take a deep breath.

Steve: Quit wiggling, go back to sleep.
Me: I can't.
Steve: Seriously, Jenny, it is only like 4:30 am
Me: Sorrrrrry.
Steve: Merry Christmas now go back to sleep.
Me: I can't.
Steve: Well I can't sleep if you're so wiggly. Really, you are like a little kid.
Me: Well, maybe we should just get up then.
Steve: I need to sleep a little longer.
Me: Well, maybe I'll just go out and watch Martha for awhile.
Steve: No, you're gonna poke around at your presents.
(We had a fifty dollar limit for each other this year and our goal was to buy the most amount of presents for that money...we do weird stuff like that usually)
Me: Well, there is a big pile.
Steve: Jenny! Go back to sleep.
Me: Well, I can't. I'm getting up.
Steve: OK, but no shaking presents.
Me: Oh?
Steve: And no touching presents.
Me: Oh?
Steve: And no poking presents.
Me: Oh.
Steve: And no opening your stocking stuffer box until I get up.
Me: (silence)
Steve: You were going to open that without me weren't you?
Me: (silence)
Steve: Jenny?
Me: Ssssshhh....I'm trying to go back to sleep.
Steve: sigggggggghhhhhh

What do you think? It is now 6:49 am and he is still not up.

I'm gonna have to go "accidentally-on-purpose" slam the bedroom door or something.

It won't be my fault if I trip over the dog or my slippers.

Right?

That would be OK, right?

Cuz, seriously.

I am not getting any younger here.

Sigh.

21 comments:

Bits-n-Pieces said...

love it!!
Merry Chrismtas!

Unknown said...

6:49??!! Time to rise and shine!

: )

Merry Christmas!

laterg8r said...

i would put on christmas carols, really loud!!!

i can't wait to get up either, luckily my little ones were up at 5 am today LOL :D

merry christmas :D

laterg8r said...

i would put on christmas carols, really loud!!!

i can't wait to get up either, luckily my little ones were up at 5 am today LOL :D

merry christmas :D

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Ha ha! Even my kids stayed asleep until 7!

Jen said...

slam away girl, slam away! Merry Christmas and do tell us whatcha got!

Unknown said...

Hilarious!! I cant wait to hear what you guys got each other, I love the idea!! Merry Christmas! Sue

Amy said...

I hope you woke him up! Virgil is back to snoozing in the recliner! MEN!! LOL Merry Christmas!!

Melissa Miller said...

LOL! Merry Christmas Jenny! :)

Jean Tuthill said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Jenny, and a Happy New Year!

Arlette said...

Mele Kalikimaka, Jenny! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.
Aloha!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Jenny

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas celebration and that Santa brought you all you wanted!

We were in lemon heaven on Christmas Eve squuezing lemon jiuce all over my "feast of the 7 fishes" :-) Thanks again!

Hugs, Pat

Diana said...

Well I don't think it's divorce worthy Jenny! I enjoy being able to sleep in now that all the kids aren't little anymore. Jake and I actually get up before our 15 year old now! I love it!
Love Di

~Kristen~ said...

Girl, you crack me up!!! You're too nice....I would have just yelled till Kevin got up!!! lolol :-)

Hope you guys had a most magical, most fantabulous Christmas!!! xoxo

Sweetly Sweet said...

Funny! My 2 year old woke up at 9:00 AM!

Brenda said...

So sweet! It was just hubby and I yesterday and he was not in any hurry to open presents. He got up made coffee, made breakfast cannot remember exactly what else and I finally said in exasperation can we at least look in our stockings. Wanted to make sure I got a years worth of gum that I always get. lol. I had not bought any for the whole month and I had chewed my very last piece two days before. Really we had a very nice day together. I decided it was ok we had all the kids and grandkids the Sunday before.

Vicki/Jake said...

HAHAHA...So funny! Now you'll have to tell us what was so good that he didn't want you to peek (O:

Jana said...

I laughed out loud and my Mother in Law looked at me crazy...now she is laughing...we all know Jenny around here! I hope you got everything you wanted within the $50 dollar budget! your too dang cute for your own good!

Terri Steffes said...

Jenny!! Ashley did the same thing to me and Bob!

Thank goodness Steve is the sweetheart he is!

Moore Minutes said...

LOVE this post!! I am exactly the same way. Ever since I was a little girl and even now I can't sleep on Christmas Eve. It's the longest night of the year. I LOVE that adults can still be this way. :)

Anonymous said...

quite interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter.