Sunday, December 13, 2009

Snowflake Quesadillas!

Have you seen these? I think these are the coolest thing since ...well ...ummm...ummm....ummm....

Well, I just think they are cool. But remember I don't get out all that much so I might just be unduly impressed.

You can go to Martha Stewarts website to see the extremely complex (NOT!) directions on how to make these! Or you can just wing it! Unless my tortillas were really soft I would probably nuke the top one for a few seconds to make it very pliable before I folded it. Oh wait!

Oh, oh, oh! I know! I know! These are the coolest thing since pre-shredded cheese! Nice little reference there...get it? Quesa (Spanish for cheese) and shredded cheese!

Get it?

Hey, don't hate me because I'm all intellectual!

Sigh...

PS. I really do think they are a "good thing"!

16 comments:

Suz said...

I cracked up seeing those...my daughter would love them....she's nuts too....they are adorable..are you sure they are not hard to do?
Did this just fall in your lap,or did you go looking for them?

Life Looms Large said...

I just sent that idea to my SIL because I can totally picture making those tortillas with my nieces (her kids).

Unfortunately we have too much of the cold snowy stuff outside for this project to sound fun for me tonight!

Can't believe Martha Stewart actually did come up with an easy recipe!!

Sue

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

These are the coolest! I haven't seen them before.

Wanda..... said...

My grandchidren and I will defintely be making these...we alresdy make paper snowflakes so it should be a cinch! Thanks!

Maggi said...

Now that looks so cool! And of course it would come from Martha! lol

KCSherri said...

I should have known these were a Martha - and if not Martha, they're definitely a Jenny Matlock!

They look good - yum!

Sherri

Moore Minutes said...

Ahhh, you have me SO excited!! I am doing this FOR SURE. Thank you so much for sharing. :D Fun, fun.

And, I'm emailing you the invite wording, etc soon so you can get those sent out.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

These are amazing! (I don't get out much either, I guess!) Delicious AND fun! Love 'em!!! Awesome post!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I wonder if they would keep their shape if you fried them and dusted them with cinnamon sugar? I've been meaning to try that with some tortillas.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Jenny, now THAT is really cute! Thnaks for the heads up! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Kimi said...

Those really are too cute. My kids would get a huge kick out of those!!

laterg8r said...

love this idea but how does the food stay in? LOL :D

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

They are a GOOD thing!! My kids would love these!

C.L. Smith said...

What a neat holiday idea! Love it : )

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Jenny!

Thanks for the "welcome home"! :-)

These look so pretty and too good to eat.....not...lol!

Hugs, Pat

Laura said...

That Martha-
What a great post.
I am so glad I found your blog!

Laura