Wednesday, December 2, 2009

OK, I woke up this morning and was going to write about...

...eyebrows predicting the severity of winter.

Based on how incredibly out of control my husband's caterpillarlike eyebrows are at the moment.

But, alas, he would not let me take a picture so the idea went into the vast pit inside my brain where all my strange ideas go.

So I decided to write a frugal holiday tip. You're going to be impressed.

Sure I could tell you how to make a wreath out of used tube socks or a Christmas tree out of dryer lint. But why? There are so many blogs out there that explain all that wayyyy better then I do.

Sure I could do a little tutorial about how to rob an old woman named Vera of a tray and turn it into an adorable message board but other, faster-running, less guilty bloggers have already done that.

So I decided I would share a free, wonderful way to keep your skin looking fresh and vital through the holiday season when you don't have time or resources to go to the spa.

It's all about microdermabrasion!

For serious.

Microdermabrasion removes all those dead, dull skin cells that make your skin look old and wrinkly.

Microdermabrasion is magic.

And all you need to do it is one willing guy.

With some light stubble on his face.

Preferable in the morning, after he has brushed his teeth.

Just gently rub your face against the stubble. Be sure to cover all areas of your face. But be gentle. You don't want to actually sand off your skin. Just remove the top two or three layers.

If he's asleep you can also do this technique on your elbows. I, however, do not recommend trying it on the soles of your feet (although I think it would actually work)

You might hear different but I assure you I have personally never, ever tried doing my feet! But I've heard through reliable sources that men get kind of freaked out about feet applied to the stubbly area of their face. Sometimes they can be sort of selfish like that.

To be on the safe side, though, I think it's wiser just to stick with the face and the elbows.

Afterwards you can gently apply moisturizer and bask in the soft glow of your skin.

And your stubbly guy will be sure comment on how baby-butt soft your skin feels.

When he stops glaring at you for longer then five minutes at a time.

Let me know how this works for you!

I do feel kind of guilty putting spas out of business with this money saving technique but I'm all about the DIY save money tips at Christmas!

You're welcome.

Sigh.

12 comments:

Abatevintage said...

Jenny I heard of the microebrasion before that sounds so interesting I wish I could afford that but would be fun to try it out.

I think that is hillarious what you said about the theives on blogland talking about the other theives and the crafty trees made out of dryer lint lol is that even possible lol.

Take care hope your evening is going well.
It was another cold one today yeah!


.•:*¨¨*:•.Blessings*¨2 U 4¨**¨¨*the holidays .•:*¨¨*:•.

-:¦:-H-:¦:-E-:¦:-I-:¦:-D-:¦:-I-:¦:-

Holly said...

You had me spell bound after the first two sentences! Especially the part where you say," Based on how incredibly out of control my --husbands-- (plural) are at the moment." I had no idea you were a polygamist but then I figured out it was a typing error. lol I do enjoy your whit and the spelling errors just make me feel at home since they are my constant companion.

Diana said...

I have tried this method many times, but the problem is that my hubbys stubble grows strait out. So I just get stabbed! It's horrible.
I also have to trim his brows, or else we would have to braid them!
Love Di

Anonymous said...

I was seriously laughing out loud!

Wanda..... said...

Very Funny...might as well use sand paper...all kidding aside, olive oil with salt or sugar works wonders!

Unknown said...

you got me. i had no idea your post would end up going in the direction it went...but i love the fact that it went there. totally didn't see that one coming! i like how your mind works...makes me feel like i'm not alone!

i'm stalking you back now!

Renae said...

That is funny! Will have to try that one sometime! You have such a gift of writing!

laterg8r said...

excellent plan :D

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh Jenny... you are, as always, hysterical. Just the visual of rubbing my feet on my man's stubble.... well, there really are no words.

And the comment about poor Vera's tray... you know you rock girl. You know you do.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

YOu are hilarious, and I have a very hairy hubby!

Unknown said...

I can just picture this one...haha!

Laurie said...

You crack me up!