Monday, December 14, 2009

Morgan is struggling with the true spirit of Christmas...

...maybe because she's three.

Or maybe just because she's not super interested in being a victim.

There is a little girl in her pre-school that she really dislikes. Nadia is her name. Nadia is mean. Nadia is a bully. Nadia takes Morgans graham crackers.

So today we were attempting to fill 18 envelopes with 18 stickers and cards preparing for the big pre-school sticker exchange this Friday.

Morgan happily draws her smiley faces inside the cards. Some are drawn in red marker. Some are drawn in green marker.

But all have a circle with two eyes a big smiling mouth and two arms and legs sticking out.

Finally we get to Nadias card.

"I no draw picture Gamma," she says with great determination.

I say "No, Morgan, we are going to draw a picture in every card."

"No Gwamma. I no draw picture for Nadia. Nadia is mean!"

I say "Mo, it is Christmas, let's just draw a picture."

She sits.

She finally draws a half-hearted circle.

She finally sticks some legs and arms on it.

She sits some more.

Finally she puts one dot on for an eye.

I say "Morgan, where is the other eye?"

She says "I no like Nadia" and goes to stick the card in the envelope WITHOUT a sticker.

I say "Mo, you only drew one eye and you didn't put a sticker in."

She sits some more.

She thinks some more.

Finally she says "OK, Gwamma, Nadia have sticker but she only have one eye."

And that is that.

She is not going to draw another eye.

And I give up.

I suspect Nadia will not notice.

And I kind of admire Morgan for sticking to her convictions.

Cuz she is strongly following the biblical rule...and eye for a graham cracker.

And she's not backing down.

Sigh...

18 comments:

Holly said...

Getting one eye would so much worse than getting coal in my stocking. I promise to be nice.

Diana said...

Thanks for the laugh Jenny, I needed it. It's sort of hard to explain the true meaning of Christmas to a three year old. Love Di

Martha's Favorites said...

That is too cute! She is not going to let herself be taken advantage of. What a sweet heart. Blessings, Martha

Tarnished Rose said...

If there is one thing my son taught me when he was little, was that children have an acute sense of right and wrong. There is no gray area.

Some battles, you cannot fight nor win. LOL I call it a draw between you and your darling granddaughter!

Smiles~
Marilyn

jules said...

Such a cute story. Those little ones can be really stubborn but she knows what she feels.

Suz said...

She's on the right track...
and so were you gwanma
but you had to go for the cheap laugh!

heheheheh!

Carol said...

Oh how I love this story! I laughed out loud, read it to Dwen and he laughed out loud! Thanks for having such sweet grand babies!

Brabourne Farm said...

Darling little girl - how fabulous to be so sure of what you want at that age! Leigh

Unknown said...

morgan, you go girl...keep that spunk......

Bunnym said...

Maybe she knows something you don't know...lol Jenny, thanks for visiting me...I get sooo happy when new people come to visit....next time I get out of my pj's ~wink~ I will come and visit and get to know you better...I already enjoy your writing...

tootles,
bunny

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

An eye for a graham cracker!!! Too, too cute!

That bully thing starts really early any more doesn't it? Sometimes I miss the good old days when kids wouldn't dare think about it for fear of a spanking!

~Kristen~ said...

I have to say I love that Morgan is willing to stand up for herself! And I love that you are such an involved and loving Gramma!!! xoxo

Terri Steffes said...

There is nothing like mean girls. They are horrible! Nadia is getting what she deserves!

laterg8r said...

she got off easy!!!

Twig said...

hahaha...this was just great. I think it was a good trade...and probably a really humorous drawing! :)

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

This is the BEST post I've read all day long!! Poor baby. I'd give that mean bully one eye too! And I probably wouldn't have given her a sticker either...

Good for her for not backing down. Mean girls stink. LOL

Jana said...

I am giggling so much that John is getting curious...he loves your blog so do I of course, but he says "wait till your read Jenny's comment" or he laughs when he checks my email (ugh, so I get to be second) and laughs out loud... I always know its you, your the best. Its funny because we had a girl name Nadia who was terrible to Isaiah in kindergarten too, he still talks about her...three years later

Melissa Miller said...

Oh my! I hope Nadia isn't really that mean to her and the teacher sees it. That is sad....