Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Alphabe-Thursday "R"

Good morning class! How nice to see you all in a rare, retired mood and not as rowdy and rambunctious as usual.

Our letter this week is Living in Arizona as I do I was briefly puzzled by the item the children were carrying...less then 4 inches of rain per year in the desert doesn't have us using many of these!

And now I am going to put my stern Mrs. Matlock voice on. Please try and visit as many of the other links as you can! It makes it fun for all! I know there are always exceptions but just make as much effort as you can...Thank you!

This week I will reverse the order. If your first name starts with the letters A - L please start reading the odd posts first starting with link number 1.

If your first name starts with the letters M - Z please start reading the even posts first starting with link number 2.

I also want to let you know that each week I visit every blog. I noticed a blog today where my comment didn't show up. If it appears I haven't visited your blog by Sunday night, please let me know, because it is important to me to make sure you know I've visited you! I may be a bit late visiting this week because of the garage sale but I will definitely be to your blog before Sunday night! Thanks for your understanding with this!

If you have any difficulties with your link please make sure to include the number of the link when you e-mail me. It is really difficult for me to find them otherwise.

If you have any questions about Alphabe-Thursday or problems doing your link just post it in a comment or send me an e-mail. I'll do my best to help you.

The McLinkey will be live from 6:00 pm MST time Wednesday night through 8:00 am MST time Friday morning!

And remember.... link back to this post, you need to be registered as a follower of my blog (since there are prizes involved and it makes my life easier that way), PG posts only, and try to visit all the other students according to the letter of your first name! The links will stay live after the final post deadline has passed so you can even wait and visit over the weekend or whenever you have more time.

Class is dismissed. Quickly file your R posts now, class!

post signature



22 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

good to learn so many R words...

Lourie said...

Here is my note explaining why I was out last week, Mrs. Matlock. I am back to write again. :D

Terra said...

ok, hello. Teacher Teacher, I need more. I am starting to panik. Yes, I only started a few short weeks ago but we are just 8 short weeks from Z and I am starting to worry about what happens next?

Ms. A said...

Someone sent me a comment today and then it wouldn't show up. Got it in my email, but blogger lost it.

lissa said...

I'm actually on time today, hooray!

just to let you know, comments isn't quite working for some blogspot blogs - I think there is a glitch somewhere but I'm sure people at google are working on it right now - they usually get it fix so I'm never worry

Jojo said...

I got distracted...You live in Arizona?

It doesn't take much to distract me but the "A" state has been in the news a lot lately. I will try to reel my thoughts in and read the rest of the post!

Unknown said...

I can't believe i actually have one for you this week. I had a 2 hour layover at the airport and composed a little ditty. I hope teacher appreciates it. (My meeting with mom went fantastic...well worth it)

jen said...

I'm evens this week. When are we gonna get together, ma'am?

SquirrelQueen said...

After missing two weeks of class I should probably get detention but hopefully I can do some make up work. I have a Really good excuse.

I see you are having the same problem with blogger that I am. Under your post it shows there are 8 comments but only 7 are in the box. It been eating my comments all day.

jaydubblah said...

Dear Mrs Matlock
While I was doing my linking stuff I suddenly heard a man saying the alphabet and some children singing. I had left my speaker on which I don't usually do. Was it you? Maybe that's why blogger keeps crashing on me because my broadband so called speed can't keep up with all that extra stuff coming through!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Mrs. Matlock,
I see a comment here today asking you what R we going to do when Alphabe-Thursday comes to an end. I've been concerned about this too as I will have nothing to do on Thursdays when this ends (well, nothing as much fun anyway)!

So what R you planning?
What R you going to do?
What R we going to do?
What R we supposed to think while waiting for an answer?
What R the possibilities of doing another Alphabe-Thursday?
What R others thinking about this?
I REALLY need to know! I can't even REST well until I know! I'm trying to be REASONABLE but it's REALLY REALLY difficult to be RESERVED...because I love Alphabe-Thursday!
Coralie

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Jenny!

Greetings from Malaysia again! Just want to say thank you for dropping by my blog on my SITS day. You can read the aftermath of my whole day SITting episode at this link:
http://imafulltimemummy.blogspot.com/2010/05/afternath-of-whole-day-sitting.html

Thank you again and hope to see you back here sometime! :D

Warmest Regards,
Jenny aka I'm a full-time mummy
(http://imafulltimemummy.blogspot.com/)

Btw, your alphabet meme sounds fun! I'll be coming in next time to check it out! :)

amariaf2000 said...

I just found your blog! LOVE it! I am joining your alphebet party for the first time!!

~angela @ peonypatch
www.mccalled.com/peonypatch

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

rip, roaring and ready to go!

myletterstoemily said...

dear mrs. jenny,

my husband wanted me to tell you
how much he appreciated your sweet
and sad comment on my blog.

he said you must be a really kind and
caring person.

i said but mostly she is hilarious!

you have a new fan. :)

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

What a fun meme! Love your vintage R for Rain. Thank you for hosting!

My Grama's Soul said...

Good morning friend....thanks for visiting me while I'm in Texas. You know.....I think you would of been a great teacher!! (O: (O:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Dismissed without Recess??? Heeehehe!

Have a terrifically blessed day!!!

Amanda Lee said...

Mrs Matlock, I tried to do what you said, honest. But it's just not fair to the people who post last, to start all the commenting from the beginning. Because hardly anyone makes it all the way through the list. So, I'm rebelling. And working back from the last entry....

Natasha in Oz said...

Hi Jenny. I submitted my assignment pretty late and have submitted my comment even later. Please don't mark me down for late submission!!!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Steph said...

Jenny, did you know there are two 44's now? I's kind of throwing off my "odd" comments :S :).

Steph said...

oops not anymore or maybe i am going cRazy.