Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday Centus - Week 1

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to the first week of Saturday Centus.

This is a themed writing meme.

Each Saturday you will be giving a new "prompt" for the week.

You have the entire week to link your work to the meme.

Each linked essay must be 100 words or less, not including the "prompt" words. No pictures should be used. No profanity.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus.

Please link your SC URL to the Linky and not your main blog.

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.


Week 1 Prompt:

My untied shoelace changed my life. As I leaned down to re-tie it, I kicked away a few leaves. When I turned my head slightly to look where the leaves had been, I was astonished to see a rubber-banded wad of hundred dollar bills nestled in a little indention in the muddy ground.


post signature

12 comments:

Golden To Silver Val said...

OMG can you help me? I'm leaving links everywhere I go and I'm not doing anything. I put up a new post and every since then, its been happening. I've deleted the post and have done it again, to no avail. Now, I'm afraid to browse my favorite blogs as I'm leaving my links and I don't want to. Do you know how to stop this???

easternsparkle said...

Oh Jenny - have you created another monster - as soon as I saw this I dashed off to complete my 100 words!!! Somebody needs to save me from myself!! I'm holding off posting it for the time being!

Jojo said...

For cryin' out loud - it's like blog homework!!! LOL!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I think I'm too verbose for this one! :)

Sami said...

Madam Jenny Matlock, this is SUCH a great idea. I've got so many ideas stewing in my head right now, I think I'll do this for tomorrow's blog post... :) Can't wait!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Jenny: I came by to wish one of my dearest friends (that's you) a happy Mother's Day. In case no one has told you, you are the best! Blessings, Martha

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day,Jenny dearest!
You look BEAUTIFUL, then and NOW!
You are such a wonderful friend and MOTHER!
May this Mother's Day be one of the best with more to come in years!
YOU ROCK, MOMMY!
hugs
shakira

fryfan20 said...

I am really enjoying this, can't wait for next week. thank you :))

Tracy said...

Ok Jenny do you realise you are soley responsible for my PC addiction and now we have another challeng I am going to set myself a timetable. Hope you liked my story
Cant wait for next week

Caroljs said...

I have found your blog through someone on twitter. It a great idea and have done mine. http://www.alittleplaceformetowrite.co.uk/2010/05/saturday-centus-week-1.html

Unknown said...

Love the idea of those beginnings!

Jackie said...

I revamped my saturday centus cause I didn't feel I did a good job the first time . I may have misunderstood the rules . Please let me know what you think , kthanks.