Sunday, May 30, 2010

Saturday Centus - Week 4 - SHALLOW!

This post is linked Saturday Centus - A 100 word story based on a prompt. The prompt is in bold below.

I had stopped to say hello to a frizzle-haired woman with cherries-in-the-snow lipstick bleeding into the little crevices around her lips.

The orderly must have recognized my look of confusion.

“May I help you, miss? You look puzzled.”

“Mmmm… thank you, I’m just looking for my father. We came in together a moment ago, but he seems to have wandered off.”


We had just taken a short walk around the care facility. Dad had gotten a confused look on his face when the frizzle-haired woman had said hello to him in a deep and raspy voice.

I quickly walked to Dad’s room to find him sitting on his bed fumbling with a bottle of pills.

Our eyes met.

Mine widened when I saw the little, blue pill in my Fathers hand.

Click here to visit the rest of the cool stories linked to this prompt!

post signature

18 comments:

Tgoette said...

LOL! Outstanding! A man after my own heart! Great job with the prompt this week, Jenny! Funny, and just a trifle unsettling too!

BECKY said...

OMG! Your daddy was quite the lady's man, eh?! LOL Loved it!
And Jenny, I finally gave this a try, and I really enjoyed it. It's so good for me to take a stab at writing fiction!! Thanks, friend!

Theresa said...

Oh how funny! You are a doll! Hugs!

myletterstoemily said...

oh no! not the blue pill!

this was so much fun!

Ms. A said...

Another good chuckle!

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I thought at first I might be crying at the end of this one, but NOPE I was laughing!!!!!
great story!!!!
hugs,
jamie

jfb57 said...

Oh my goodness! Just shows how innocent I am. I thought it was THE OTHER pill until I read the comments! Great!

easternsparkle said...

Pffftttt - that's my tea sprayed across the keyboard - very good Jenny, highly amusing!!!

Tracy said...

Oh wow I echo others comments . I thought he was going to take his own life then I realsied after reading comments lol very good

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad I read the other folk's comments. At first I thought the dad was a junkie!

jeff campbell said...

Tooo much Jenny! Funny...sounds like someone I know:-) Peace

jeff campbell said...

Tooo much Jenny! Funny...sounds like someone I know:-) Peace

Caroljs said...

So funny and so good

Viki said...

OMG, LOL. I guess dad's not ready to call it quits yet. That frizzy haired woman better watch out ;-)

Terra said...

I am finally making it through the rest of the sat. posts! This one had me so confused until I read the comments. then I LAUGHED....I didn't know what the pill was...but I get it and WELL DONE Miss Jenny, very well done!

Kat said...

Fantastic Jenny! This made me laugh out loud this morning. Kathy

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

And here I am wondering what the little blue pills were.

Love the description you gave of frizzle woman!

cj Schlottman said...

LOL! Good for the old geezer! Did you search his room for condoms? Well written and very entertaining.