Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Centus - Week 12

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week twelve of Saturday Centus.

Again, thanks for a totally wonderful week of reading. If you didn't get to visit all the links from "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", please make a little time this weekend to do so. They are really creative and fun!

In case you've forgotten...

This is a themed writing meme.

Each Saturday you will be giving a new "prompt" for the week and you have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like.

Each linked essay must be 100 words or less, not including the "prompt" words. No pictures should be used. No profanity. The prompt words can be used in any place within your story but must be left intact. You cannot split the prompt.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

I would suggest that since these are so short, if you can't think of a title just use your blog name as the title in the Linky.

Try to visit each one because they are tremendous and since they are so short they are definitely a quick read!

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Now, get ready to wonder. Tom had given me a prompt several weeks ago before I went into Shake up mode so I'm using it today. I know Tom has been featured a lot lately but I assure you I AM NOT A COUGAR...this was just happenstance in spite of the fact that he calls me Jen Jen.

And next week I will use someone elses prompt.

WEEK 12 PROMPT

Driving six hours is a long time on the road. Six hours spent singing car-aoke and taking in the picturesque scenery, but mostly reminiscing about the good times. But those days were long gone and my mind was in a different place now. Or was it? My pulse quickened as I passed the road sign which read "Medford 27 miles."


I can hear PJ and Vicki groaning now. This will definitely be interesting. I am also going to attempt to move the person with the last prompt from week 11 to position 1. She had hardly any readers and I feel really bad.

This link will be live until next Saturday morning around 7 am. And please, remember to link to your SC URL...not your main blog. If you are unsure how to do this please leave me a message in the comments or e-mail me and I'll help you through it! Have fun!

post signature

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

GROAN.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

The reason you can hear us groaning is because we're groaning so loudly, we were just arrested for disturbing the peace. You are EVIL!!!!!

Terra said...

Hey miss Jenny - I ended up being the last post last week because I posted REALLY REALLY late but I don't need to be moved into place 1 I know you were talking about the couple of people that posted late before I did...and I think they should get bumped into the first slots! I just wanted to let you know, that even though I was ultimately last I know you weren't talking about me and I am fine with whatever place I get on the centus and if you want to move me to put others ahead of me that is OK too!

Back to the post now - I actually liked this prompt. It was long, I had to read it several times to really get it in my brain so I could expand on it - then I walked outside and the rest of the story hit me so fast I had to hustle to get it out before my brain lost it (know what I mean?) -

Anyway - I liked it. Thanks to you and to Tom for a great prompt!

Unknown said...

You realize this prompt is 60 words!!! That's practically a story in and of itself!

Vicki/Jake said...

Thanks for thinking of PJ and I :)

And even though she says you're evil,

Bring it on!

Stay tuned....

Tgoette said...

Hi Jen Jen!

I can assure you that I don't consider you a cougar. A mentor maybe. A xute, cuddly teddy bear-ish mentor. LOL! Okay, I'm just kiddin! I think I may have cause some of your writers' brains to go tilt this week. Sorry about that. I hope they recover for next week. This was fun this week. So you still planning on doing that sci-fi/western prompt we talked about? That will be a good one.

linda said...

sci-fi/western prompt? that sounds fun!
This was my first time with this fun thing, i love it.
thanks.