Friday, November 2, 2012

Five Little Moosh Balls


 
“Grandma? Why do they sing that song?”
 
“What song, sweetie?”
 
“The five little pumpkins song?”
 
“They sing it because it’s Halloween!”
 
“I know Grandma. But I don’t GET it!”
 
“What don’t you get?”
 
“How do they get the five little pumpkins to sit on a gate?”
 
“Well, they just put them there. You know? Like a decoration. For Halloween and for fall.”
 
“But HOW, Grandma? How do the pumpkins stay on there?”
 
“Well, they just balance, I guess.”
 
“How do they not get squishy and turn black and fall off?
 
“Hmmm… Oh. Yeah. It’s not as hot everywhere at Halloween.”
 
 
This is what my pumpkins looked like the day after we carved them!  I guess they don't like being in the sun!
 
This little exactly 100 word story is linked to Saturday Centus.  To read other offerings, just click here.
 
post signature

11 comments:

Pondside said...

Ick! Is that really what happens to Jack o'lanterns in a hot climate? Poor little pumpkins! I guess the other extreme is in a place where they freeze!

myletterstoemily said...

you live in melty pumpkin land.

Ms. A said...

The day after? Wow, that was fast!

Maureen Wyatt said...

For a couple of years I carved five little pumpkins and put them on the porch rail. Then, I found out absolutely no one around me had ever heard the song. I'm so glad you know it and it isn't a figment of my imagination! ~ Maureen

Amy said...

That is so funny! I should never expect less when i visit you. I have never really gotten that sing either, though it isn't the sitting on the fence bit, it was always their reasons for rolling away. They seemed rather contrived.

J said...

Ha! I keep forgetting that y'all have it even hotter there than where we are. It's at least chilly and feels like fall here. No melty pumpkins for us. Those sad things.

fuzziekit said...

Yeah, up here in cooler climates it normally takes a week or so to get to that.

Susan Anderson said...

Looks like Arizona and jack o'lanterns don't mix very well!

;)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Why, why, why? So sweet. Our pumpkin wasn't carved until that day and since trash was on Friday it didn't get a chance to get moldy. Creeps me out!

Betty said...

That's why we have fake pumpkins and fake Christmas trees. Nothing real lasts around here.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Yep, your pumpkin looks a bit shriveled and HOT!
Happy belated.
XO