Friday, November 16, 2012

So when's this supposed to hurt for real?

I clenched every muscle in my body that was clenchable.

The others, I just sucked in as best I could.

I closed my eyes and covered them with both hands. Tightly.

“I’m ready,” I said firmly. “Let’s get this show on the road.”

The pain was excruciating.

I felt like I was going to pass out. “Paper-bag! Paper-bag!” I gasped. ‘Quick, I’m hypeventilating!”

 I uncovered my eyes.

 The room was spinning.

“Doctor, Doctor!” I screamed. “Is this normal. Is this what’s supposed to happen?”



“Mrs. Matlock, please to be calm. I have not even given the flu injection yet.”

Oh.

Ummm.

Oh.

Blush, blush.

This story is linked to week 134 of Saturday Centus.   To read other stories, just click here.    The prompt is in bold and the story is exactly 104 words.

. post signature

13 comments:

Unknown said...

So clever, you are sooo dramatic!

shannon i olson said...

funny! that would so be my husband! He can't even look at a needle on tv.

Ames said...

Ha ha wuss! I had a flu shot, shingles shot, pneumonia shot, tetanus booster and a Vitamin "D" and A Vitamin "B-12" shot in one office visit.

Viki said...

LOL, but I gotta say what a baby.

Ms. A said...

Sounds like me when I used to have to take iron injections when I was pregnant. Those suckers hurt bad!

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

Hope the paper bag worked. Those flu shots hurt!

Susan Anderson said...

I just got mine today.

;)

Naperville Now said...

too funny! stay well.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So I gather you don't like shots?

Hilary said...

oh man!
Didn't expect that ending!

Annesphamily said...

Great story! It is too cute because when I got my flu shot the nurse said how little of it you need today to work! Technology is amazing medically for some things, for others not so much!

Busy Bee Suz said...

LOL....I'm just happy you are not one of those dramatic types. :)
XO