Monday, November 12, 2012

If you can't walk...

...sit.
 
...and watch your Grandlittles run!
 
That's been my life motto for the past few days.  
 
I slipped trying to move my sewing table and clobbered my big toe.  It actually involved a trip to urgent care, the removal of part of a toenail and a slight argument with a doctor who insisted I needed x-rays (to determine that, 'yes,' the two toes that are turning black are broken), stitches and some kind of a nerve block.  I nicely declined all these treatments, informing the doctor that those would HURT and I was already HURT and he couldn't do anything except tape broken toes so please just remove the toenail and thank you very much.
 

 
He did so kinda/sorta gently, after cautioning me not to kick him in the face.
 
Geez. Some people are no fun!   I hate when my plans are thwarted.  It would have been nicely distracting to do a little field goal attempt on his nose, but I suspect that might have made my toes hurt worse.
 
SO...
 
...as a consequence of being hobbled by my clumsiness...
 
Sunday afternoon found me sitting in the cool fall air (Yes, huh, it's finally cool here in Arizona!) on a camp chair in the  driveway watching the youngest two grandlittles play with the neighbor girl.
 
They got out the scooters.
 
Mo, the littlest one, struggled to keep up.
 
They got out the bikes.
 
Mo, the littlest one, struggled to keep up.
 
They got out the green machine.
 
Mo, the littlest one, struggled to ride it in a straight line.
 
Finally, Mo said, "Okay!  I'll race you guys to the corner!"
 
 
And she did.
 
And they did.
 
And Mo won.
 
She's a fast little thing.
 
Panting, she ran up afterwards to my chair.   "Did you see that Grandma?  I was fast!   I figured I would use my feet!  I always know how to make MY FEET work!"
 
Awwww.
 
Awwww.
 
What a cutie pie.
 
And see how I sequed my mangled toe story into a cute foot story?
 
Yeah.  
 
I'm cool like that.
 
Wishing you a toe healthy Veterans Day!
 
 
Thank you to all who've served!
 
God Bless You...every one!
 
PS.   And, no, that's not the pain pills talking.
post signature

25 comments:

Jeanie said...

Bummer for you about the toe, but way to go Mo. She is a smart little girl to learn so young where her strengths are.

Theresa said...

Oh DEAR Jenny, I feel your pain... no seriously I do! Several years ago, I had my toe injured at a Movie theater! Had to have my toenail removed and GIRL... it HURT something FIERCE! I hope you feel better REALLY soon! Love the sweet MO story:) HUGS!

Always Learning said...

OH, pain is no fun but thankfully you have grandbabies to bring you joy. I hope you heal quickly. Blessings, Lori

ImagiMeri said...

Wow, no wonder you couldn't come. Silly girl, I need to come over and brighten your day....I have something for you.

Email me your address girlfriend, please.

Love ya'
Meri

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I just Love Miss Mo! She knows how to turn a frown upside down! Sorry about the toe...ouch! Hugs, Linda

Gail said...

Heal quickly.

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

Slow down girl! My daughter has fractured the same toe like three times...it is not easy to hobble! Hope it heals quickly!

Unknown said...

The grands keep you on your toes. I hope all your toes are ready to chase them with soon.

Ms. A said...

Ouch is right! Gave me goosebumps just thinking about it. That's a heck of a way to slow yourself down, not to mention messing up a pedicure. Be better soon!

Ms. A said...

PS: Go, Mo! Find where your strengths are and utilize them to the max!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love when the little ones say things like that. So darn cute!

Susan Anderson said...

Hope it heals quickly, Jenny! And happy Veteran's Day to you, too.

=)

Melinda said...

Yea for Mo--way to go girl!

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Is Mr. Jenny taking good care of you?

M :)

Jo said...

Gotta love Mo's attitude!!! how totally wonderful! And ouch your toe situation sounds horrible, i swear i am having sympathy pains in my toe right now! Hope you heal quickly!

Jo said...

Gotta love Mo's attitude!!! how totally wonderful! And ouch your toe situation sounds horrible, i swear i am having sympathy pains in my toe right now! Hope you heal quickly!

myletterstoemily said...

oh, that sounds awful! i broke a toe a few
years ago and was surprised how much it
affected my life. ouch!

your little granddaughter is too cute!

Rita said...

She is a charmer!
Hope the toes heal quickly. I would have passed on all the rest, too. ;)

H said...

Ouch. That sounds so painful! You were wise to pass on all of the extras; after all, they can't do anything about a broken toe so why do all of the probing? - especially as your health system costs money!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Yep, my friend...you are cool like that for sure but I hate to hear that your mangled your toe.

'Can't tell ya'll how many times I've buddy taped my tootsies together and donned the old flippies. Nope...too stinkin' many. I tend to run full speed ahead and my toes pay the price.

Take care girl and yeah MO!!! You go girl!!!

pasqueflower said...

What a sweet little Mo story!
So sorry to hear about your big
OUCH, though! Hope the toes heel soon.

And good for you for being assertive with your pushy doctor!
If more of us had the courage to do that, medical costs might not be so astronomically high. Then again, they might just pass on more unnecessary costs to the next patient. The flu has made me grumpy, I'm afraid.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

OMG...laugh and cry at the same time! :)

So...a few years ago I stubbed my toe. Three days later I figured that this huge hurting thing might have something wrong with it. Yep it was broken. I'd been walking on it for days.

Went and got a boot, wore that for what seemed forever. Went back for my check up at the end and it was one of those practices with about 10 doctors and the doc of the moment looked at my xray and said that my big toe was fine now.

And for this I paid a fortune in my deductible...

Dazee Dreamer said...

Dang girl, you totally should have kicked him in the face. "oops, it was my nerve you just hit there". stick with me, I have a million of them.

Bonnie said...

Oh ouch! That had to hurt. Mo cracks me up! Hope your toe is all better soon!

Anonymous said...

I just got back from an evening with my little cutiepie - my gosh but they CAN be so gosh darn cute. Sorry about the toe - heel fast ... oh, no, that's heal fast.

Unknown said...

sorry about your toe! I am happy that little Mo has those fast feet and you got to see them in action!