Friday, November 16, 2012

Zis is not the end...



No, I don't have a cold.

Or a speech impediment.

I have a few other impediments, but we shall not speak of those today.

Today, I just wanted to take a minute and say 'THANK YOU!'

A long, long time ago (January of 2010)  in a galaxy very near to here, I started a little meme called Alphabe-Thursday.

Someday I'll write more about why I started blogging, but I suspect they're the same reasons many of you did:  kids moving on, forcing yourself to keep looking out into the world instead of isolating, chronic ...ummm... things...., and maybe just a need to connect to a community.

At first I wasn't sure if anyone would participate.  

"Okay, fine!" I thought,  "I'll just link myself every week."

But so many of you participated.

At one point it got a little overwhelming (with over 100 entries EACH week) and at one point I feared it might die entirely (30 some entries), but no matter how many of you have linked over the five rounds it remains comfortable and interesting and a place I look forward to visiting each week.

You've made me laugh, made me cry, made me say 'hmmmm...' and made me say 'hmmmm?'.   I've spit my coffee out, scared my dog with laughing, caused Mr. Jenny to come running to see if I'm okay.   You've given me hope and heart and things to think and talk about.  I have been able to impress random people with obscure knowledge on diverse subjects.

You've given me the courage to face past demons in my Farmstead Memories series and to try my little painting business at Etsy with my Painted Alphabet  theme.

You've seen me through some dark times and distracted me in a lot of dark moments.

Bless you for that, my friends.

Bless you for helping make Alphabe-Thursday a 'community'.

Bless you for your patience when it takes me several weeks to catch up.

Just...

gosh.

...tear, tear...

Bless you.

I hope we continue on this little journey through the Alphabet for a lot more rounds.

"Thank you" seems to humble for all you've given me by participating.

So...

In keeping with the Z for this week.

Zis buds for you!



post signature

17 comments:

Tina´s PicStory said...

zanx ☺

Lola said...

Zis is such good news!

Zanx too!

XOXO Lola:)

Always Learning said...

It is because you are so incredibly kind and always give me an A+! ;)

Susan Anderson said...

I love Alphabe-Thursday, and I love you for starting it up and hosting all of us with so much friendship and good feeling.

xo
=)

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I feel exactly the same way about Alpha Thursday. It's the highlight of my week! I've made so many friends, learned so much, grown so much...

Thanks, Jenny for being the hostess with the mostest...

xxoo,

RWM

anitamombanita said...

You are Z best...as you can see, I'm still following. Just don't have time to think up/do a post myself. :(

Splendid Little Stars said...

Zat is wonderful news indeed! Thank YOU, Ms Jenny for hostessing such an awesome meme! I totally agree with all the statements you made about why this meme is such a delight. But there is another reason, too. Yep. definitely another one. The hostess!

xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

You about made me cry! How sweet. I agree that Alphabe-Thursday is a wonderful community of people. Thank you so much for all the work you do with this coming together of people.

lissa said...

alphabe-thursday is a brilliant idea and I like doing it every now and then.

although I can't remember how many rounds I did alphabe-thursday, it's been a wonderful journey each time that I did, so no complaints just plenty of delights

thanks for the idea & hosting. have great day.

Ms. A said...

Zats a beautiful bud!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

O! Zay!Zanx! (as so perfectly said by Tina! haha) Zo, zo zo happy that zis is not the end!

Ms Jenny, I dont even remember how I found you, but boy oh boy! I am sooo happy that I did! And as you can see, if I do manage to get my one post a week up, it is cuz of your wonderful Alphabe-Thursdays! On rare occasions, I have posted more than once a week, but more often than not it is only one and sometimes, that doesnt happen! But I am sooooo blessed and thankful for your blog friendship and the others that I have met through your awesome Alphabe-Thursdays!

Blessings & Aloha!

Unknown said...

Zanx, too Miss. Jenny. You're the Z bezt teachzer. More powerz to you and we all love you very muz!

:)

Cathy said...

You're zoking, right? We must zank YOU.

THANK you dear Jenny.

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

It's a fantastic meme, Ms. Jenny and I don't plan on stopping any time soon, unless the power is not in my hands.

Thank you for hosting, and visiting!

Monica said...

No, zank YOU, Jenny! Lately I've just been managing to post once a week and it's always for Alphabe Thursday! I love what you've started with this!

Naperville Now said...

thanks to you, Jenny, for providing a creative outlet and keeping the blogging community on its toez.
Sue

Annesphamily said...

You are one unique and awesome person! I really love knowing you and enjoy your shares! You have a tremendous gift for writing and making people feel comfortable!