Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I give you proof...

...that I am NOT an over-protective Mom!

If you missed my little revelation of insanity yesterday, click here before you look at the two pictures.

Since I had quite a few e-mails yesterday asking if I could take a picture of the creepy statue, I decided to try this morning.

Oh sure, you didn't come right out and say it, but I'm thinking you might think that I think like a crazy person...

Huh?

And since I totally wanted to dispel any possibility that could be even remotely true...

I woke up this morning and grabbed my daughter before she could leave on her bike.

"I'm driving you this morning!"

She thought I was being nice. She didn't know I was going to take a picture of Mr. Perv lying in wait by the doorway.

I dropped her off and then circled the parking lot.

I didn't want to get actually get out of the car considering I was wearing a 'rush-out-of-the-house-in-three-seconds' outfit, including my coral pink crocs.

So I put the window down and snapped these two shots.

I don't know why that top one keeps going sideways but I surrender to the eccentricities of blogger and you'll just have to turn your head slightly.






See?

See what I mean?

He's creepy, right?

In a stalking, I'm going to kill your daughter and cut her into tiny pieces kind of way.

And YOU, silly reader, thought I was just being dramatic!

Geez.

As if I ever would be.

Dramatic.

And now my shadow/over-protective story is complete.

Now I'm thinking you might think that Jenny does NOT!!! think like a person verging on insanity...

And I am so relieved.

Sigh...



post signature

26 comments:

Amy said...

Ummm, that so looks like a statue. Sorry lady! I still love ya though! :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I see it!

But then again I'm old and had an agruement with my husband because I thought he told me John Lennon was playing and I had to remind him he was dead and has been for some time now. He yelled to me that he actually said JOHN LEGEND. Oops. I fear I may not be the best old lady to help your sanity case here.

summersundays-jw said...

I always say "better safe then sorry". Some of the most interesting people I know seem to be tetering on the edge (including myself).

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Girl, on top of all your talent's already, ya didn't tell us you were a mind~reader too!!!

I was thinkin' while readin' the last post...why the heck didn't Miss Jenny take of picture.

Now I cocked my head this way and that, squinted with all my might and can't see the eerie fella in the first pic. In the last though with great imagination I think I can see him standin' in the shadows....

....plottin' against ya my friend. I just know he is!!!

God bless and have yourself a magnificent day void of creeps, stalkers and murders!!! :o)

Neabear said...

I can see why you thought that was a real person. I would have too.

~Linnea

J said...

Definitely still looks like a statue. But it's okay... *pats head*

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jenny I am with you on this one. Early morning, lack of coffee and being a MOM! He looks like a stalker to me too....thanks for the photo but I for one NEVER doubted you! :) Linda

Linda @ A La Carte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nonna said...

I agree...that is creepy and what the heck is the story behind that statue in front of a Donut shop. Who is it of...the Donut King ?

MOM protective services NEVER end !!! Your children and grandlittles are fortunate to be completely covered in any scenario...hey, that statue could flip over and crush them, right ??? LOL

Thanks for the post, photos and great laughs this morning !

Hugs,
Nonna

Terra said...

I haven't laughed this hard in a while! THANK YOU!

Judie said...

Yeah, he looks real to me, too. I played around with the photo on the top, and I think if you cropped it and focused only on the statue, we wouldn't be getting severe neck pain trying to see the statue/pervert!!

xoxo

Dazee Dreamer said...

That is creepy, but I would still like to know why they decided to put a statue in the doorway. Now that thinking is creepy.

Susan Anderson said...

Your evidence is definitely exculpatory.

(Of course, I am a biased witness.)

;)

Betty said...

He looks real to me, but I'm thinking you've probably dropped her off a bunch of times. Did you ever wonder why he never moved? Sorry, Jenny...I couldn't help but wonder. However, you're a very good mother for worrying. One year I gave my mother the worriers calendar. One of the quotes was, "How will my child know I love them if I don't worry?"

Rhiannon said...

ok, he does look creepy i'll give you that, but he does look like a statue! LOL

Ames said...

I'm siding with you Jenny....only because I have bad night vision and sometimes I forgwet to wear my glasses Ha!~Ames

Jo said...

i think it is creepy to put a statue in a doorway, where it will be dark at night and scare the @#$% out of people ... that is the creepiest part ... and if it were me ... well, i would be thinking all of those creepy things too ...

Ms. A said...

Being a mother myself, I can sooooo see why you would have been worried.

PS: When your pic comes up sideways, go to your edit button (before posting) and click rotate.

Ms. A said...

Oops, it was the "tool" button.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Really Jenny, I never thought you were crazy. I could possibly do the same thing. Ok, I have done the same thing. Statues are like people. Frozen huge creepy people!!!

Nadeen said...

Still looks mysterious to me!

Jeanie said...

I won't say anything about whether the statue looks real or not (ok, not so much), but I don't think there is really anything wrong with just a little insanty....it just makes a person that much more loveable.

Splendid Little Stars said...

definitely a creepy perv!

KM said...

He IS creepy! Those statues are dangerous, ya know... :)))

Pondside said...

Creepy - no doubt about it.
Of course this comes from a woman who parked her car on the street and then forgot she'd done that and went to the parkade where she was convinced her car had been stolen. It hadn't, but it had collected two tickets!

Unknown said...

not just you hun LOL it is UBER creepy!