Monday, January 2, 2012

Winners, Winners! Lemon Dinners!


Hmmm...that doesn't work very well, does it?

It always sounds so cute with, "Winner, winner! Chicken Dinner!"

But hey...

I'm stubborn.

So I'm leaving the weird title anyway!

Anyway...

Here it is, 2012 and I've finally got an answer from the parents-to-be for the new Grandlittle on the way.

Here's what they wrote:

Hey there!

We looked at your blog post last night, and there are a lot of good suggestions!

Of course, we had trouble agreeing on the 2 winners, but here they are:

1. Parker (a name we'd been thinking about already!)
2. Zane

Special gold star bonus points for everyone who suggested a variation of James/Jim - since we have a special fondness for the name (but it's already taken!)

Also a big thumbs up to "Nutella," one of Jim's favorite foods! ;-)

This was fun - thanks!
Stef & Jim


The three winners of lemons are:

Parker - Mary Ellen
Zane - Up in the Cosmos
Nutella - 5th Sister
I'll post on your blogs about winning, but can you also send me your mailing address so I can get these packed and in the mail to you this week?

jennymatlock at cox dot net

Thanks for playing!

post signature

17 comments:

Pondside said...

Oh dear - the nickname possibilities with Nutella are alarming! Congrats to the winners!

Anonymous said...

Jenny - Wow! So glad you like the name Parker !

How fun that I won your lemons!!!I can't wait in fact my lips are puckering up as I type just thinking about them! We went to Phoenix for a quick Christmas with Hubby's folks and was trying to find lemons to bring back but it is a little early it seems.

I made lemon citrus peels one year
with lemons along with dried lemon peel spice, lemon cordial and of course lemon ice cubes for quick lemonade and even some lemon curd! Can you tell you picked the right person who loves lemons!!!

Happy New Year
mary

Ames said...

Ha ha That was fun. Well at least they liked two of the names and thank goodness they aren't naming that poor child Nutella! LOL. Congrats to the winner winner Lemon dinners.~Ames

Unknown said...

Hey! I got honorable mention! I guess it pays being silly! Thanks Jenny.

Unknown said...

Woot, woot!!! I love that name:-)

Ms. A said...

Love the names Parker and Zane! Love Nutella, but for entirely different reasons.

Congrats to the lemon winners!

Unknown said...

Ooooo & I got a juicer for Christmas!

Judie said...

Well, shucks! Now I guess I just have to come up there and pick my own lemons!!!
xoxo

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

A new baby! Yay! I feel sleep deprived just reading this! Congrats!

Terra said...

What fun, I am glad they saw some names they liked!!!

Pat said...

Nutella does have a certain flair to it - I actually had to sign a contract with myself not to bring anymore into the house - a jar became it's own food group. But naming a child that? Probably not :o)

Beautiful lemony congrats to the winners - gorgeous looking fruit!

21 Wits said...

Oh gees, the holidays have made me late for this party, but I agree with the name Parker...it is a name I've liked for a long time....but most of all...this is so cool that it's going to be a boy???!!!!!

Susan Anderson said...

Congrats to all the winners! (Somehow I missed this post...I think I've been a little out of it with my various Christmas ailments!)

=)

NatureGirl said...

You guys are Lucky...Miss Jenny's lemons are the bomb!!! Jenny...I cannot tell you how excited I am for another year of your wonderful tangents. Happy 2012!!

Lola said...

Congrats too to winners!

Happy New Year to you & yours,

XOXO Lola:)

PS I think in the past you've asked us to let you know if an A-Thursday post hasn't been visited (in my case, my New Year one!!)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Woohoo....kick back and ya'll help me do my happy dance for the lucky winners. Oh how I can imagine what a treat to get the aroma of fresh lemons smack in the middle of winter.

CONGRATULATIONS ya'll!!!

What a fun time Mary Ellen, Cosmos and the Sister are gonna have usin' 'em!

God bless ya sweetie and have a great day!!! :o)

GardenOfDaisies said...

Lucky gals!! I was the recipient of a box of your lemons last year and were. they. ever. wonderful!!!

It sounds like you've already passed the 366 mark, and that this purge is making you unhappy...... so I won't ask if you want to be added to the 366 challenge list. But I'll send a hug. (I think I must have missed some posts that explain where/why you are moving and why you are feeling blue this holiday season.)