Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday Centus - a Mea Culpa AND another writing device

Jenny Matlock


Welcome to week ninety of Saturday Centus.

Please consider this picture as an official olive branch between us.


Mea culpa! Mea culpa!

Since I simply cannot bring myself to use the phrase 'my bad' as an apology, all that remains is for me to say,"I'M SORRY!!!! I'M A JERK!!! AND A LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Our nightmare of kitchen destruction happened last Friday when I wrote the instructions for week 89. And, yes, that is my excuse. I did write you could use 100 words for part two, but then I reneged and made it 50.

Mea culpa, mea culpa!

But I'm hoping this weeks challenge redeems me.

Please consider this both a formal apology AND a challenge for this week.

How about an 'epilogue' to your cliff hanger?

You know...a new writing device for the week.

Epilogues are an inherent part of any story or poem and are essential to the structure of any written form. The epilogue is an important literary tool that acts as the afterword once the last chapter is over. The purpose of an epilogue is to add a little insight to some interesting developments that happen once the major plot is over.

So...

THE PROMPT THIS WEEK IS AN EPILOGUE OF BOTH PARTS OF YOUR CLIFFHANGER STORY
WORD COUNT - Since I cheated you on words last week, how about a few extra for this weeks prompt? Word count is not to exceed 150 words total.
STYLE OF WRITING - Any
ADDITIONAL PICTURES IF DESIRED


The regular restrictions apply: PG, no splitting of the prompt, play nicely and visit the other entries, any style or genre of writing you prefer.

Please display my link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

E-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Feel free to link up anytime between now and next Saturday!

If you still like me, that is.

To quote one of our sweet Grandlittle's, I sorry.



post signature

9 comments:

Nonna said...

You darling Jenny...I LOVE it ! And I especially love that tiny little childlike grandlittle, "I sorry" So sweet !

Hope you are seeing progress after your disaster at you house, the pods have arrived and the laundry room is working out as a makeshift kitchen.

Hugs,
Nonna

Judie said...

Sorry?? SORRY??? Don't you mean "I sawwy, gwamma." Now! doesn't that sound a lot better???

Susan Anderson said...

I still kinda like you...

;)

anitamombanita said...

You are forgiven!! :) Hope your kitchen is coming along and that you made crock pot chocolate cake!!

21 Wits said...

Oh shucks you know we'd never be upset with you....well not for more than time enough to let out a couple of loud words spoken sweetly of course! ha ha, no really... it didn't bother me, truly! and what better way today we get extra words! How x-cool is that! I hope your mess is over soon, (don't you just hate to have to redo things) for someone else to enjoy! I hope your weekend and life gets back to happy-normal!

Unknown said...

Dear Jenny,

I hope you know that I love you! You are a doll!

What I don't like is a blog that doesn't work!

All of a sudden I could not do anything with my blog. I got redirected to a page that wanted me to buy a domain. It said that my blog name domain had expired.

I don't know if this helps, but I have simply moved (exported) my blog over to a slightly altered new BLOGGER address.

So my second link with the title 'New Blog Address' should get you all to my post.

#¤@%¤##!!!!

I am not happy about this, but let's see if you all can find me!
I am still in the process of exporting my old posts.

Best wishes,
Anna

Come visit my post at:
Anna's Cliffhanger Epilogue

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

We love ya no matter what!

Hope your kitchen is makin' a speedy recovery. Dang...

Have a delightful weekend discoverin' the art of crock pot cookin'!!! :o)

Judie said...

Thanks, sweetie. Now I don't feel so ignorant.
xoxo

Ames said...

This is for Anna. I couldn't leave a comment, something to do with domain name. Then I saw your new site and went there and now my computer said I should not open is website due to a potential virus. Sorry. I tried.