Sunday, January 15, 2012

The rest of the story...

This is the conclusion to my week 88 cliffhanger for Saturday Centus.

Here is part one of the story...





I ran.

I’d like to say 'like the wind' but I’m too old and fat.

But I ran as fast as I could.

My heart was pounding so hard I couldn’t hear if he was following. With every thud-thud-thud of that over-exerted, under-exercised muscle, my panic grew.

I lost a shoe.

There was no time to grieve my favorite brown leather Keen.

Thud-thud-thud…

My glasses fell off.

Thud-thud-thud….

And then I fell off.

I grabbed…

I’m certain I broke a nail…

Thud-thud-thud…

I’m certain I swallowed my heart…

Thud-thud- thud…

There I was…hanging off a cliff

…and he came up to the edge…

Thud-thud-thud…



And now...the 50 word conclusion of my story.




...



Thud-thud-thud-oh-God-oh-God-oh-God…


He had found me.

His words rained down on me like the pebbles from the edge.

Thud-thud-thud.

Moooo-om,” he whined in his sullen 16-year-old adolescent voice.

“Seriously. Why won’t you let me take the car? I’ve had my driver’s license…umm…like forever now!”

Thud-thud-thud-oh-God-oh-God-oh-God-I-don’t-want-to-thud-thud-thud-do-this-anymore…

I strongly debated just letting go.



...


Okay. What idiot only gave us 50 words this week? Seriously? 50 words to finish up a cliffhanger. What a dumb idea for a part two...I mean...seriously...who the heck????



ummm...



ummm....



blush....



Okay. Never mind.


To read other 'part two's' just click here.


post signature

15 comments:

Ames said...

I'd rather poke my eye out than to let my grandson drive. We didn't let my daughter drive until she was a senior in high school. And then all we ever saw of her were the tail lights going down the road.~Ames

Jo said...

you rocked this! I'm so jealous!!
and about the 50 words ... yeah ... well, at least you taught me the value of editing ... i think .... lol ...

Ms. A said...

Hahahahaha! I know that feeling and I agree, it's scary!

D. Jean Quarles said...

Ha! Ha! Great job.

KellyMellyBoBellyBananaFanna said...

ha! would not have guessed this!

anitamombanita said...

You are a riot! That was great...but as for that 50 word ending...yeah! Who was it that did that? I seem to recall the week before being told we'd have 100...but, then my memory fails me...so you'll excuse that I didn't remember you saying 50.. ;)

Rek Sesh said...

I managed to scrape through, awesome twist to your tale.

Unknown said...

I totally think moms think this at least once a week. Some everyday with a teenager.

Jocelyn said...

Just catching up with you....I have missed you sooooo much!!!

Hope all is well with you and the family!!!

Wishing you a Fabulous week!!!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

It is bone chilling!

Susan Anderson said...

heehee about the comment from J. Kwiatkowski-Schuler.

(What was really bone-chilling, though, was only having 50 words!)

;)

PS. Thanks for the chuckle, Jenny.

Nonna said...

Excellent Jenny !!!

Having had 5 teens driving all at once and living at home took it's toll on me...I think I was on the edge for years, lost sleep, hair and went gray !!!

Judie said...

Is "like forever" last week? My oldest son didn't care if he got his license or not, because he knew he'd be running errands for me if he did.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I guess I am truly twisted, I was thrilled when Geek Son got his license. Not only could he drive himself, he could take Social Butterfly to her activities too and I could take the Mom's Taxi sign off the car.

Of course farm kids drive almost as soon as they are stable walkers! Heeeheheh!!!

God bless ya girl and have an exceptional evenin'!!! :o)

KM said...

I bet I will blink my eyes and be hanging off of that same cliff one day...I can't stand the thought of it!